Mark Beltzman is in London running workshops focusing on acting through improvisation.
There will be two 6 week courses starting in January
2-5pm Fridays 11th January to 15th February
2-5pm Sundays 13th January to 17th February
There will be a class show on Sunday 17th February
£195 if paid in cash.
Venue: Central Station Pub, 37 Wharfdale Road, London N1 9SD
NOTE: Mark is running an addition 6 week class on Thursdays from 17th January to 21st February (taking place at a different venue).
The course will focus on scene work as well as Longform Improvisation. You will learn to develop tools to let scenes emerge organically, including:
• cultivating a heightened sense of listening
• cultivating a heightened sense of awareness of the scene around you, i.e. environment, textures, emotions, body languages, sounds, etc.
• learning the game within the scene
• making your partner look good
• finding the joy in the exploration
• getting out of your own way to allow creativity to flow
• understanding that the true magic lies in the synchronicity of you, your partner and the audience all discovering a point of focus at the same time
For more details email firstname.lastname@example.org
MARK BELTZMAN has been acting, writing, and directing since 1981. He was a founding member of Improv Olympic in Chicago and of the legendary group, Barons
Barracudas. Mark has worked and directed at the famed Second City in Chicago. He directed many improvisational and theatrical productions at Second City in Chicago and Los Angeles, including
the Second City Alumni Jam. He was also instructor/ director at The Second City Training Center, Improv Olympic West and the Upfront Comedy Showcase. Mark has also acquired a great deal of
knowledge about the creative process of producing, writing and directing while performing in such notable productions as: Mo Money, Billy Madison, The Wedding Singer, Speed 2, Star Maps,
Lovely and Amazing, and Employee of the Month, Factory, Seinfeld, Rosanne, Norm, Curb Your Enthusiasm, According to Jim, Cold Case, House, True Jackson VP, The Young and the Restless, and
Pretty Little Liars.
the Wilmops is an improv collective. we run a weekly longform night on Sundays at the Wilmington Arms. come on down!